~Cozy Customs~

Favorites recipes, family traditions, holiday or vacation fun!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

GOD'S PERSONAL TOUCH

I was reading the verse, Matthew 6:8, Be not like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Wow! I've read that verse many times before, but today it really spoke to me.

I can remember times when I didn't ask yet the Lord knew just what I needed. Like ~
  • When I was up all night studying for my nursing NCLEX exam. I'd been a good student, and my family just assumed I do fine. And I did too, until the night before the test. I didn't sleep a wink. As I was driving to the exam the next morning, I kept thinking about the pass rate... or more accurately the fail rate of the test. Rational thoughts never seem to come to mind when your exhausted, or nervous. Then, my cell phone rang. My friend Barbara who I hadn't talked to in days was on line and said the words the Lord knew I needed to hear - "I remembered you were having your test today and I just wanted you to know, I'm praying for you." At 6:30 in the morning, my friend got up to pray for me. ~God's personal touch~ I walked into the testing center with a peace I knew came from the Lord. And, I passed the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment