Cozy Customs welcomes Author Dianne J. Wilson. Weaving invisible into words. Writer, Dancer, wife and mom; shares an awesome family recipe!
Author Dianne J. Wilson
This recipe is a no-bake cheesecake that is so simple and yet looks ultra impressive. It was one of my Mom's favourite recipes, and even though she's no longer with us, I've carried on making it for special occasions. I do have one huge issue with this recipe - there are never any leftovers!
1/2 cup of castor sugar
1 egg yellow
2 tsps vanilla essence
250g plain cream cheese
24 Tennis biscuits (square, coconut tea biscuits)
125g chocolate - white, milk or dark, your choice
1. Cream margarine and castor sugar.
2. Add egg yellow.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Fold in cream cheese.
5. Place 4 x 3 tennis biscuits to create a rectangle on tin foil (aluminium foil)
6. Smear half the cream cheese filling on the biscuits.
7. Put a row of cherries down the middle.
8. Smear the other half of the filling over.
9. Using the foil, pull into a triangle shape. The middle row of biscuits will be the base, the two outside rows lift up to form the sides. Refrigerate.
10. Once firm, melt chocolate in a double boiler and pour over.
I hope your family will enjoy this as much as mine does!
Book Blurb: Isobel is on the hunt for her missing muse. What she finds instead is an abandoned toddler who is sunburned and close to death. Dr Liam Brigham keeps little Mia alive, but needs Isobel to save the girl from a far greater danger-a killer with an agenda for kidnapping. With Mia's life next in line, Isobel and Liam have to put aside their differences, face their past and throw their trust at the only One able to save.
Pelican/Harborlight publishing. Releasing June 2015.