Saturday, January 16, 2010
As life's issues bubble up from unexpected venues, they seem to take centerstage, overshadowing the blessings and fogging my thinking. So my Bible verse to clain for 2010 is ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ~ Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. NIV
In everything be blessed!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
As I've thought about mine, I've decided to:
- Seek God first, remember He's in control, trust Him!
- laugh more ~ which means I'll find more ways to have fun.
- take life less serious ~ as if I can control the outcome anyway
- respond slower ~ think first
- enjoy each day ~ more lunch out with friends, more time with family
- Enjoy the interests God's given me ~ write, travel, cook... eat healthy... but delicious and exercise!
The Best Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip Cookies ~ Healthy and delicious
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 sticks butter/soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar - not packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped nuts/optional
Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Drop by rounded teaspoons on greased baking cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 8-10 minutes. Wonderful hot from the oven, cool or frozen. ENJOY!